The three most common ‘mistakes’ photographers make are over-exposure, wrong colour balance and tilted horizons. The first two tend to occur after photographing indoors, using a high ISO setting then and forgetting to lower it when going outside, or setting the colour balance to tungsten light, and forgetting to set it back to daylight.
All three ‘mistakes’ can be corrected in Photoshop. But even the very best photographs can still be improved: lightening shadows, increasing or decreasing the contrast, adjusting the colour saturation, increasing the clarity, sharpening the detail, reducing digital noise.
How to Improve Your Favourite Photos for Free
For a limited period, you can send your digital photographs, and KarmeleonStudio will improve them for you absolutely free! The only limitation is that it is not possible to improve the focus. Out of focus will remain so no matter what.
- Click on the SELECT FILE button below to upload your files (no more than 10)
- Fill in your name and email address in the SHARE YOUR COMMENTS & FEEDBACK section below
- Include any request or instructions in the comment section, such as cropping
- If possible, include the make of camera was used (Canon, Nikon, Apple etc) in the comment field
- Click on SHARE MY COMMENT (otherwise we will have no way of knowing who sent the photos!)
- RAW format works best (.cr2 Canon, .nef Nikon), but .jpg can also be improved
- Pictures taken on smartphones are also eligible
- If possible, say which make of camera was used (Canon, Nikon, Apple etc)
- If you want the photo cropping, then give a brief description
- We will try to mail the improved versions back within 24 hours of receipt
If you would like to see some examples of what is possible, below we proudly present a Rogue’s Gallery of photographs that we have successfully been able to improve.